Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New host with SSL
RE: New host with SSL
I remember hearing bad things about GoDaddy, but that's mainly in the context of being a registrar.  Not really sure about them as a host, and while things appear to be getting "better" over there, I wouldn't say that they're "good" either.

It kinda depends on how much you feel like doing yourself, but I will point out that RamNode has VPS for cheaper than GoDaddy's hosting.  I can't imagine that you'd need more than a 256 SVZ for what you're hosting.  The downside is that once you're installed, you have to do everything yourself like upgrades.  The upside is that no one else can break your site.  But you can set it up with something like Ubuntu or Debian so apt-get upgrade can take care of most of the hard work.  They've been very responsive when something breaks at Miraheze -- when we have issues, they respond faster than we do lol.  Also it wouldn't hurt to get a little income from a referral.  But yeah, only do it if you're comfortable sysadminning, and the time is worth the money you'd save.

I also have friends at cPanel, but that's like way overkill for what you need.  But it's always fun when you have backchannels way into the dev team.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
New host with SSL - by Bob Schroeck - 07-06-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: New host with SSL - by LynnInDenver - 07-06-2018, 10:27 PM
RE: New host with SSL - by Labster - 07-07-2018, 03:06 AM
RE: New host with SSL - by Dartz - 07-07-2018, 05:53 AM
RE: New host with SSL - by Bob Schroeck - 07-07-2018, 04:20 PM