Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoist by the Doublet
Hoist by the Doublet
I had a thought when re-reading Chapter 5. Does the Doublet system work across realities? I mean, a doubletted demon gets killed and thus their matched god dies. What happens to their Overself?
(Also, 67K! Now you just need to double that and we'll have a chapter(ish)...)
Re: Hoist by the Doublet
It's a local arrangement in the OMG skein of universes, specific to each universe in the skein.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Hoist by the Doublet
Right, but I hope that doesn't mean that the Overself has to withdraw TOTALLY from that universe. Just the avatar that was lost.
re: Hoist by the Doublet
Considering the Whole Overself/Doublet concept, I think that it would be a "kick in the pants" to find that the whole Doublet system is in fact a result of the Overself interfacing with the Local Yggdrsyl Parameters.
In other words The Overself is being required to play both sides of the Doublet in the OMG Verse.
hm
Sort of like the system used in the original WOD version of Wraith? That is each player played two characters: their main ghostie and the player to the right's id.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: hm
Really, to the Overmind it's somewhere between getting punched in the nose and a really sharp pinch.
Something noteworthy, and painful, but *not* catastrophic.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
"Oh, blast - not that avatar... Do you know how long it takes to roll up a new character in that universe? "

-Rob Kelk
"Read Or Die: not so much a title as a way of life." - Justin Palmer, 6 June 2007
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
Something noteworthy, and painful, but *not* catastrophic.
Normally.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
"Oh, blast - not that avatar... Do you know how long it takes to roll up a new character in that universe? "
You are so much closer to right than you might think.
But not literally so, before anyone gets the wrong idea.-- Bob
---------
-- Bob
---------