Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't think Putim has a 'pee tape'
I don't think Putim has a 'pee tape'
And at this point, it's pretty clear he doesn't need one. You guys are fucked.
RE: I don't think Putim has a 'pee tape'
Antipresident Cheeto himself admitted that the US has been very foolish recently... of course, he probably meant something different than what I heard in that.
More importantly, Putin admitted that he wanted Trump to win the last election.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
But it is possible that Trump has finally gone too far even for the Republican establishment now, given the statements that I've seen various GOP figures issuing in the last day. The question is, are they perfunctory, or will there still be red-side outrage in a week?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Trump, standing with Putin, sided with him over U.S. intel. Is this the dawn of 'America's surrender'?

Quote:"Asymmetric warfare has taken place ... and the United States has not come to the defence of our allies, of our values, of ourselves," said Bruen [Brett Bruen, a former White House director of global engagement], who worked for years to counter Russian propaganda in the Obama administration.

"That's why I use the terminology 'surrender.'"

In the face of a geopolitical menace in the form of Russia, he believes it appears the U.S. has chosen "to accept the notion that invading other countries, that meddling in the electoral process, that assassinating people with chemicals weapons on the streets of other countries, is an acceptable practice."

Other comments:

"Today’s press conference in #Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory."
- John McCain, current chair of the Senate Armed Services Committee

"Losing bigly? Putin eats Trump's lunch in shocking Helsinki summit."
- Fox News

"We can no longer completely rely on the White House."
- Heiko Maas, Germany's foreign minister
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(07-17-2018, 07:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: But it is possible that Trump has finally gone too far even for the Republican establishment now, given the statements that I've seen various GOP figures issuing in the last day.  The question is, are they perfunctory, or will there still be red-side outrage in a week?

To the best of my knowledge, as long as the Angry Cheeto lets trickle-up economics give the donor class everything they want and more, Mitch McYertle (R-Sala-ma-sond), Paul Ryan (ZEGS-Wisconsin), and others of much ilk show no sign of giving one fat damn, or even a skinny damn, what he does or doesn't do.
I just had a thought.

The Balseraph-in-Chief has been complaining that other NATO member states haven't been paying their share in the costs of keeping NATO going. (Never mind that he's only looking at dollars spent directly on NATO, and is ignoring things such as upkeep of bases and member nations' training of other member nations' personnel.) He's now given the rest of NATO a reason to squeeze the USA out of the alliance.

I doubt that the Balseraph-in-Chief is intelligent enough to have done this on purpose, though...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The phrase, diplomatic fellatio comes to mind. I don't think I've seen that much cock gobbling on a public press conference since the AVN awards.

I'm just waiting for someone to unironically announce the John McCain has been punished by God with brain cancer for speaking out against Trump, or something utterly retarded like that.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(07-17-2018, 07:17 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: But it is possible that Trump has finally gone too far even for the Republican establishment now, given the statements that I've seen various GOP figures issuing in the last day.  The question is, are they perfunctory, or will there still be red-side outrage in a week?

I have my doubts. I mean, they're still not making as much noise over that as they did about things as minor as the colour of the suit Obama wore.
(07-17-2018, 01:09 PM)Dartz Wrote: I'm just waiting for someone to unironically announce the John McCain has been punished by God with brain cancer for speaking out against Trump, or something utterly retarded like that.

Careful, that's just asking to be quote mined.
Some voters supported Trump when he made his statement in Helsinki, and continue to support Trump even after his flip-flop.

This is why the Balseraph-in-Chief will never have a 0% approval rating - there are people who accept his doublespeak.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Let's talk about diplomatic immunity.  And extradition (y'know, I finally got around to noticing the formulation "extraordinary rendition," which I now don't believe was ever a coincidence).  And letting the Russians interrogate a retired U.S. ambassador.  

For once, I agree with the word President Windrip used, although not what he meant by it.  He thinks it's an "incredible" offer.  It certainly is incredibly bad.

One Trumpite who posted comments in support of turning McFaul over to the Ivans kept referring to Windrip as "our preeminent leader."  WTF, over?!

Incidentally, my Merriam-Webster's says the etymology of the word "extradition" is related to the word "treason."  In this case, that seems very appropriate.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Oh, that offer is definitely incredible. It stretches my credulity...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Diplomatic immunity is something granted by the hosting country. It can be retracted, but usually isn't for diplomatic (and 'diplomatic') personnel. And just because 1 country gave you diplomatic immunity doesn't mean the one you are in has...
Putin Interfered

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
... I never thought I'd feel nostalgic for the days when the phrase "Washington's puppet government" referred to assholes in other countries whose bids for power were supported because they served our political agenda.
Ah yes, the Shah of Iran, so natsukashii. /s

I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, so I've been thinking a lot about Bayesian probability. It seems like Trump being a Russian asset explains more of his actions than ignorance of foreign policy alone. Certainly, he's not given to diplomacy, and he's easy to manipulate. Certainly, he likes strongmen like Putin, Kim, and Duterte. But the constant compliments of Putin, and the fact that he tells Twitter about his plans with Russia before his own staff, I think those can only be explained if Putin has some dirt on Trump. (I mean, it's either that or the Imperius Curse.)
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto