Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatever happened to the "live-action 1998 Disney Sailor Moon movie"?
Whatever happened to the "live-action 1998 Disney Sailor Moon movie"?
Hey, Bob, did we ever finish casting the "live-action 1998 Disney Sailor Moon movie" that Lisa Vanette has in her collection? I noticed some discussion about it in the [fluff] Now Playing, from the Whole Fenspace Catalog thread.

We had a partial cast list:
Serena: Kirstin Dunst
Amy: Lacey Chabert
Raye: Natalie Portman
Lita: Jessica Alba
Mina: Ariana Richards
Molly: Amber Tamblyn
Queen Beryl: Geena Davis
Nephlite: Antonio Banderas

I don't think we ever cast Darien, Melvin, Jadeite, Zoycite, Malachite, or any of the supporting characters.

Hmmmmm... (consults Wikipedia) ...Tom Criuse was between movies in 1998 - Jerry Maguire was '96 and Eyes Wide Shut was '99. Do we have a Jadeite?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Whatever happened to the "live-action 1998 Disney Sailor Moon movie"?
I think that was as far as we got, but I do like the idea of Cruise as Jadeite -- although given Kirstin Dunst's height at the time, we could get away with him as Mamoru.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Cruise as Mamoru/Darien would be a case of Dawson Casting, which we've been trying to avoid.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Mm. Good point.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
What about DiCaprio as Darien?
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(07-30-2018, 07:27 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: What about DiCaprio as Darien?

DiCaprio was 24 in 1998. A little old... but not horridly so.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The right age, yes. But he doesn't have the right look, IMHO.
-- Bob