Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
(12-17-2018, 05:12 AM)Rajvik Wrote: How do you define decent human beings?

I can't speak for Black Aeronaut, but I can say that I think this particular quote provides a good starting point:

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in; naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, [even] these least, ye did it unto me.
-- Matthew 25:34-40 (American Standard translation)

If you aren't a Christian, please consult similar passages in the holy texts of whatever religion you happen to believe in.

(12-17-2018, 05:12 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Most liberals i talk to seem to think that the liberal ideals they espouse are the only things that make anyone decent. The problem there is that your liberal-progressive-globalist ideals are bad for us both as a people and as a nation. The United States can not take in, nor care for the world, and if we tried to go with a UN run "Democracy"  democracy would fail within the first hour because there are more totalitarian regimes out there as well as the majority of the population not understanding what true democracy is.

That is not a reason to close your borders. That is a reason to go out, share your wealth, and teach people what freedom and democracy actually are.

(12-17-2018, 05:12 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Sorry, but sometimes you have to be the asshole in the room to get things done that need doing, whether people like it or not.

By that logic, a Democrat would be justified in being an asshole in order to get Trump impeached, because that is something that a Democrat thinks needs doing.

There is no excuse to be an asshole. All assholes do is convince the people whose minds they want to change that their minds should not change.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached - by robkelk - 12-17-2018, 10:37 AM