Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
(12-25-2018, 10:42 PM)Rajvik Wrote:
Robkelk Wrote:That is not a reason to close your borders. That is a reason to go out, share your wealth, and teach people what freedom and democracy actually are.

rob, we tried that, it was referred to in the deleted thread on the caravan coming as "Dollar Diplomacy". We have tried giving them money, it sticks to the kleptocrats pockets, we have tried being supportive and giving them equipment and sending people to help build things like hospitals, schools and wells, and all we ever see from it is a rising tide of immigration from the area.

That covers the "share your wealth" part of my comment, but where's the "go out" and "teach people what freedom and democracy actually are" parts? As you said, you can't do those parts of what I said simply by throwing money at the problem. You have to roll up your sleeves and actually do the teaching, not just send somebody to build something - "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself", not pay somebody else to do it.

(12-25-2018, 10:42 PM)Rajvik Wrote: I made a sarcastic remark in another thread about how the only way we would probably ever solve the immigration issue on our southern border would be to annex/invade and conquer everything south to either the Panama Canal or the Darien Swamp. That way all of them could be citizens and we could deal with the problems in an appropriate manner since the Cartels are a significant part of the problem.

there was no follow on comments, i wonder a bit why?

How often do sarcastic remarks from anybody get replies here?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached - by robkelk - 12-26-2018, 11:26 AM