Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
Geth, if it was a Democratic president who got assistance from a foreign, hostile government in an election and then tried (and succeeded) in slowing down and otherwise hindering the investigation into the national security implications of that assistance, and then, when that investigation was wrapped up immediately tried to bully another, different foreign government into interfering into the soonest following election in a manner that compromised your nation's security and safety, would you not want their conduct in those matters to be scrutinized with the greatest care? Especially when all the while deliberately denying the investigators any documentation or testimony that would let the investigators get to the truth of the matter?

Frankly, I don't care about party in such circumstances, that shit gets looked at very carefully and permanent disbarring from any office would be the minimum sentence for all involved. Including for the bureaucrats and political appointees who didn't go 'wait a minute, this is a bad plan, I'd better make sure the people who need to check this know to do so'.

And yes, I'm not a US citizen. But if this sort of shit happened in the Netherlands, my expectation would still be 'you can resign or have a motion of no confidence passed, criminal prosecution soon to follow'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached - by hazard - 12-12-2019, 08:43 AM