Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached
In response to Black Aeronaut, I cite this response by Trump:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/up...-final.pdf

If he's telling the truth with his response in the above cited link, then he would be right that practically every head of state we ever had is guilty of abusing their power.

If he's lying, then fine, burn him at the legal stake.

And frankly, while I'll be fine whatever happens, I fall on the side this is a witch hunt. Unlike Nixon, who we had dead to rights as a co-conspirator who worked to obstruct justice, I still don't know which side to believe because the legal sword could cut either way for political reasons.

I see this more as Andrew Johnson's impeachment. Yes, he defied a law, but it was flagrantly unconstitutional one the Supreme Court spiked in 1920. As for Trump, abusing power is not a clearly defined crime, and if his side of the story is true, then that charge is a crock. If he's truly guilty, I want to know how his use of power damaged the state just as bad if not worse than the stunts Nixon pulled, and for the sake of both sides I do hope this has a proper trial so we can get the facts either way in black and white with no BS in a manner that leaves the charges, if any are warranted, indisputable to all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Irish oddsmaker gives 33% chance Trump will be impeached - by GethN7 - 12-19-2019, 01:33 PM