Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffy Reboot coming?
Buffy Reboot coming?
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, or it is just a hoax, but just come across a report of a planned Buffy Reboot.

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/21/buffy-the...the-works/

Mark
RE: Buffy Reboot coming?
Not a hoax, judging by the number of other news outlets I've seen reporting the story.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
That still doesn't mean it'll actually materialize, but with the entertainment industry's love of remakes as "a sure thing" it does put it more into the realm of the probable. Whether it'll actually recapture the magic while trying to retell the story is quite another question, of course, and if you ask five fans (even after there's actual episodes to look at rather than just speculation) you'll probably get at least six answers.
So the latest I've seen on this is that it isn't, strictly speaking, a full reboot, but some kind of continuation? Or maybe a prequel? The "official" pronouncements are so vague it's hard to be sure; all that is certain is that as of this date, at least, the Slayer central to the story isn't going to be Buffy.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Could be cool if it was Nikki Wood. Probably a new character, though.
Meanwhile, there's a new Buffy picture book for kids.
-- Bob