Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Hmmm....  Ben can go ahead and do a thorough inspection.  With the paranoia his father instilled into him, he's gotten VERY GOOD at hiding shit.

(We played hide and go seek when we were kids.  I was pretty good, but one time I completely confounded everyone.  The trash can outside had been left upside down after being emptied.  Made sure that not a damn person saw me get under that thing.  Despite the smell, I stayed under that sucker and didn't come out until they all started to get worried.  Heh-heh-heh.)

Hmmm...  Come to think of it?  Let's go full retard Snake Eater at European Extreme Difficulty here.

A device embedded in the building's structure - doesn't really matter where.  Any wall?  You tap a specific sequence, like for example: Shave and a Haircut.  And then suddenly, instant door!

The device that projects the portal can honestly be any fixed location, and embedded in a wall under the plaster board so it's not visible at all - they'd have to literally tear through the walls to find it, and your genre savvy police officer would probably have a lot of trouble coming up with a court order for that.  Washu can even make it so it won't trip any metal detectors in case they decide to go that route.  Maybe even make it so it can fool an ultrasound imager.  (Yes, I would be that paranoid.)

Meanwhile, the means to access it is easy enough that anyone you trust with the sequence can do it.  Better yet, there can be different sequences for different parts of the armory.  This can be so each person has their own individual armory so there's no crowding in an effort to get kitted out quickly.  And you can keep the big nasties like the Goodfellow rounds out of their hands.

Also, this means that no matter what part of the house they're in, they'll never be out of reach of their personal armory.

Hrm... maybe also include a second element?  Object with a 'verification key' embedded in it?  Could be troublesome if one ever gets lost.  Biometrics?  Maybe.  Would have to put detection equipment throughout the house, and I don't know if that'd sit well with you even though it's only a machine that is monitoring, but not recording.

Maybe also tie it into the Good Neighbor System so that the tenants can only access their armories in the event that the system gets tripped.  Oh!  Multi-functionality: Panic Room and Escape Hatch - the armory can be closed from the inside, and a scuttle hatch in the floor leads to the building's panic room.

Thoughts?

(Hey, if you think I'm going overkill, keep in mind that you're the one that decided to make the Unseelie into "Special Friend" status.  At least that's how I think they might feel after that stunt you pulled with Michiru - they probably thought they had it in the bag, and then you turn up with her and...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM