Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Honestly, I feel that the superhero stories that fail to include the slice-of-life aspects are kind of a failure as a story. I mean, sure, you've got your epics that are like the old viking sagas. And they're great and all.

But then you have stories like Log Horizon.

In Log Horizon the combat, while epic level, takes a back seat while the human element of the story is explored in depth. And I can't understand why people aren't interested in that. I mean, what's more likely? The 'everyone for themselves' approach of Sword Art Online, or the idea that people are going to band together into communities, establish laws, and have traditional celebrations?

And really, that's kind of the point of the Halloween Party - to give the characters a moment to really let their hair down and enjoy themselves.

Maybe we should do Christmas with Rob's bunch next? Wink

(And here one of Ben's other little peculiarities would come to light... "Aren't you cold wearing as few layers as that?" "Yeah, I feel cold. But I have a high metabolism, which means I radiate a lot more body heat than most others. Even my mom at her age only wears a couple of layers or else she'd overheat.")

I think it would be delightfully ironic if Touma and Index finally show up about the same time Ben's Magic Cancellation ability hits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 08-21-2018, 11:09 AM