Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(09-02-2018, 10:42 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: To be fair, McCoy's nickname makes sense in this context.  Also it was canonical even before the reboot that he'd been divorced.  And you know how it is with cowboys and divorce.  Furthermore, I don't recall it ever being explained elsewhere within the confines of canon - just a note on Wikipedia that his nickname was a play on the derisive title 'sawbones' given to surgeons back in the Civil War era.  And that's attributed to a book that has not much to do about Star Trek at all.

But definitely agreed on the rest.

Though I fucking loved the bit about the dog.  "I don't know.  I'll let you know when he finally shows up again."

Merriam-Webster says "sawbones" was used back in 1837, so the root term at least is pre-Civil War.

Changing topics... I'm no good at using Wolfram-Alpha. How much electricity in kw/h would it take to electromagnetically accelerate a 50kg (ferrous) mass from a standing start to 50km/h? (Why? Because it's canon that Misaka can generate that much electricity without breaking a sweat. Based on charges for electricity usage in mid-to-late 2015 in Ottawa, I'm assuming SI-Rob can sell that power to the electric company at $0.10 per kw/h, once Washuu-chan delivers a power accumulator. Line losses and accumulator inefficiencies can be offset by Sailor Jupiter helping out... or Misaka delivering MOAR POWAH.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 09-02-2018, 12:16 PM