Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(09-06-2018, 06:59 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(09-06-2018, 01:01 AM)Labster Wrote: There are other sort of unusual combos out there, like Makoto Misaka with The Sand.  Or Linna Yamazaki with The Sword.  Sakura's flexibility is more valuable than her power, at least for now.

IIRC, Sakura has cards for all of the classical Western elements and most of the Chinese elements (I believe there's no card called "The Metal"). So many powered characters have abilities based on elemental powers...

The thought had crossed my mind.  It's interesting that Clow Reed had both Chinese and Western influence, and the magic used the classical Greek elements.  But her magic seems to come not from the elements themselves, but from the Sun, Moon, and Stars.  Like certain other girls we could name.  The Chinese elements are in the stars, though, which is why they call Venus 金星 (kinsei), the gold star.  So if her idea of metal is shaped by Sailor Venus, well, there's a couple related ideas.  One is The Metal, which like The Wood is a powerful card but not a major arcana.  Maybe under Light (like crescent beam), or under Earthy.  Or it can be called The Chain.  Tomo is going to suggest The Irony.  Either way, I'm going to use a chain motif, like Venus love-me chain, but also like the motifs of Sword and Shield.

I guess another alternative is to have Sakura create a fifth major arcanum, The Steely (major elements have to end in Y, that's the rules), with cards like The Chain and The Armor under it.  But somehow not The Sword?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 09-06-2018, 05:45 PM