Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Yeah, research has been fun.  Venice is the site of the original Gold's Gym at Muscle Beach, and thus the start of the whole bodybuilding trend.  Venice High School was the location for Grease.  And like Sakura's old school, it has a statue of a beautiful woman out front, except this time it's Myrna Loy.  (My own high school had a nude statue out front with giant hoops just like the Sakura manga, but it was a dude, bearing the cryptic expression "ATOMS FOR PEACE".) Anyway <3 Art Nouveau.

Actually what started it was this pic:

.jpg   elec-ave.jpg (Size: 39.51 KB / Downloads: 108)
And then I thought, hey, there's gotta be a real Electric Avenue somewhere...  d'oh, there's one in Venice that I've even walked on ... wait, Pacific Electric Railway ... there's a lot of narrow parcels here... imma need a retcon.

The route by the apartment was hard to find information about, but it was the Lagoon Line, a short line between Del Rey and Venice stations, that ran between the Ballona Lagoon and the Pacific.  Except that now, most of the lagoon is a harbor with a much wider entrance, so it really can't be a route now.  The bike bridge on the south side might be original to the train, but the Lagoon Line closed a good 20 years before Marina Del Rey was dug out.

So, don't want to do that, don't want a service competing with gondolas, right?  I think the least disruptive change would be moving it to Pacific Avenue downtown rather than Electric Avenue, because I described that as in the pavement, and I think the train had its own right-of-way next to Electric Avenue.  I could even use the old stop at Windward and Pacific.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 09-12-2018, 03:51 AM