Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Okay, this has been bugging me for a bit, so I wanna get this out there to get people's thoughts on the matter.

Lifting entire cities along with some of the accompanying hinterlands is all great space opera, but we're trying to keep things a bit on the deconstruction side.  Which means that if that's what happens, and with more than one or two major metros, then some serious shit is going to hit the fans, even with all the other stuff going on.

So, here's an alternative idea.  What got this idea started for me was the thought that towers erected during a World Fair/Expo look very much like they could be command towers or something of the sort.  Towers like The Tower of Americas in San Antonio, the CN Tower in Toronto (not a World Fair structure, but still...), the Space Needle in Seattle, the Observation Towers (1964 NY World Fair), and so on.

So, what if a suitable Mad Science type decided that he was gonna make off with all these towers by converting them into starships right under everyone's noses?

Who and how?

Well, I just had an idea about that.

What happens when you get Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz and have him find a coffee can full of Handwavium? (Honestly, I can't think of anyone more perfect.)

So, what does everyone think?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Return of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Black Aeronaut - 09-19-2018, 07:27 AM