Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pieces of Me (SI, Mass-X-Over, RFC, Warning: Rated Hard-R)
RE: Pieces of Me (SI, Mass-X-Over, RFC, Warning: Rated Hard-R)
(08-06-2018, 02:15 AM)MarshalGraves Wrote: Yup. That's about the size of it, you just got to it before I could respond.

It's direct-narration for that reason. If I ever do go omniscient, it will be third-person, just so the perspective difference is jarring enough to know that things are different. I doubt I will, though.

As regards the 'up your geek', I started writing this story while in the middle of a depression, and I was watching funny stuff like 'How I Met Your Mother' and such to try and lift my spirits, as I have a history of....significant depression leading to some very bad decisions.

As a result, it influenced my storyteller style when I was writing. My character is telling this story to someone. Possibly you. Possibly someone else from later on in the story.

EDIT: Hunh. The 'quote' function malfunctioned on me, apparently. All I saw was a loading circle that never resolved. Yowch.

Yeah, it has to do with the theme.  If you want to multiquote right off the bat, you need to switch the theme, preferably to 'Default' because it's the only one that I know of a 1) works for multiquote and 2) lets you switch back to the far less eye-searing San Felix theme once you're done.  Bob is still trying to figure out why it's doing that.

Pro Tip: Get the multiquote started, then preview the post, then you'll be able to safely switch back over to San Felix while keeping the content of the post.  To be safe, though, select all and copy before switching.

In regards to the story, I've been enjoying it.  The first story arch suffers a bit from Show, Don't Tell, but given the nature of the source material, I guess that's to be expected.  The fact that it's being narrated from first person and so colorfully at that helps.  In a ways this feels more like sitting with a friend and a few drinks while being regaled with a 'No shit there I was...' story.

Looking forward to seeing more of this now that I'm actually reading it than just being told about it.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pieces of Me (SI, Mass-X-Over, RFC, Warning: Rated Hard-R) - by Black Aeronaut - 08-06-2018, 02:23 PM