Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Landing Hoax, Flat Earth, and other conspiracy theories in Fenspace
Moon Landing Hoax, Flat Earth, and other conspiracy theories in Fenspace
We all accept these as stupid, but when you could hire someone to take you up to orbit in their truck for a trip to the moon, it takes some serious stubborn idiocy to hold onto these views.

Do they make nuisances of themselves in Fenspace? And if so, how?
RE: Moon Landing Hoax, Flat Earth, and other conspiracy theories in Fenspace
(08-09-2018, 12:58 PM)Terrace Wrote: We all accept these as stupid, but when you could hire someone to take you up to orbit in their truck for a trip to the moon, it takes some serious stubborn idiocy to hold onto these views.

Do they make nuisances of themselves in Fenspace? And if so, how?

The moon landing was done with Handwavium, no real way to get something the size of the Apollo missions into orbit without some cheating happening. Tongue
The real shocker is how long NASA managed to keep a lid on the goo, of course.
-Now available with copious trivia!
Obviously somebody put them there with Handwavium. It would've been trivial to get things up there in the short period of time between the first take-offs and the first serious lunar archeological expeditions. Isn't it telling that nobody's allowed to view the 'artifacts' except threw a remote viewer....

Anyway, from the crank file at the New Statesman:
  • Jusenkyou was actually a highly libertarian meritocracy that was attacked because it was 'different' to accepted left-aligning Fen culture, with the evidence of 'wrongdoing' fabricated after the fact to justify the attack. It was really about ethics in convention politics, and some BNF's being promiscuous in exchange for votes.
  • 'Haruhi' was just a cover for the real sources of intelligence governing the conduct of Great Justice, to protect the security of those sources.
  • The collapse of Crystal Osaka was initiated by a mistake, and not by enemy action. The coverup was to protect a SMoF from the consequences.
  • Great Justice knew about the gate on Arcadia, arranged for it to be discovered by a 'Tourist', supported the Tourist's secret recovery attempt - and intentionally leaked the 'truth' to cover up the real truth about who, where and why.
  • There has been a deliberate reduction in core lifespans or outputs from BAT spacecraft to encourage people to buy more engine cores, more often.
  • There exists a group of individuals dedicated to serruptitiously eliminating any route to weapons of mass destruction in Fenspace by removing, destroying or annihilating anything or anyone pursuing them. This group already has those weapons.
  • There are Nuclear Powers in Fenspace. These nuclear weapons are not for use in War or against Enemies, but because for some kinds of threats, sometimes Nuking it from Orbit is the only way to be sure. Nobody says anything to avoid causing a panic over those threats.
  • A Fencraft launching sounding rockets on a research expedition was the Trigger for bring the world within 30 seconds of a surpise Atomic Holocaust.
  • World Powers have been influencing Convention Politics for years by manipulating the blockchain system convention voting depends upon, or the political discourse online in the runup to cons. The only reason the system appears to work is that thus far, their opposed attempts almost cancel each other out.
  • Hitler was ressurected by Neo-Nazis as an android, and this fact has been covered up to prevent him from gaining support.
  • $BNF false-flagged themselves to gain public sympathy before the Business Meeting at $con
  • Gender altering biomods are so common, in one specific direction, due to a secret and deliberate action by the Crystal Millenium to remove opposition.
  • There is an Agenda at every Convention lately - to marginalise the 'normal' fen - the ordinary, salt of the earth, Fan. The Sourpusses oppose this.
  • Sylia Stingray is a front. For AC Peters (Or Noah Scott) [Or Benjamin Rhodes] to avoid the appearrance of interferance in mundane politics, or to hide their true influence.
  • A number of Irish BNF's and their earthbound got suspiciously rich by acting as 'intermediaries' purchasing land for 'Lifting'. This 'Lift' is responsible for the 2017 housing crisis.
  • China is planning to land an asteroid in the South China sea as a permanent island landmass.
  • A crashed Tannhauser Gate was discovered on Earth in the vicinity of Mt Markham in Antarctica. A UN sponsored expedition is underway beneath the ice.
  • An Alien Spacecraft crashed on the moon. The 1960's missions (Or a remote rover) unintentionally retrieved some of the wreckage. This was the origin of Handwavium. Kandor City has been built on top of the ruins to enable a covert study.
  • Rudy Giuliani's defeat in the Republican primary was caused by the convention manipulating the State of Georgia's voting machines.

.....which of these are true or not, or in what ways, I couldn't say.

EDIT: There's bound to me more than a few distastesteful ideas floating around too..... it might be a good way to reference current events in Fandom or the world. But I amn't too sure how to state them without being too on the nose. Some are obvious fictional references - I I think only one probably former member of the collective might recognise, and even then maybe I remembered it wrong or crushed it to fit the setting, and some which I'd like to be true but've already been nixxed.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(08-09-2018, 03:16 PM)Dartz Wrote:
  • The collapse of Crystal Osaka was initiated by a mistake, and not by enemy action. The coverup was to protect a SMoF from the consequences.

This conspiracy theory has long-term traction because it's known that Noah Scott left Crystal Osaka then returned to it almost immediately just as it began to fall.

(08-09-2018, 03:16 PM)Dartz Wrote:
  • There are Nuclear Powers in Fenspace. These nuclear weapons are not for use in War or against Enemies, but because for some kinds of threats, sometimes Nuking it from Orbit is the only way to be sure. Nobody says anything to avoid causing a panic over those threats.

"Sure, let's go with that."
"No, Kohran, we're not retconning your reasoning that way."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Sometimes it is the only way to be sure.

It has also gotten to the point where Lun is basically a flying collector of conspiracy theories - related to some of the known consipiracies she's taken part in, some unusual events that've happened near where she has parked, her unusual configuration and 'armament' and why anybody still keeps her around. Which may be a conspiracy in and of itself. It's amsuing how at the centre of most known conspiracies Jet is.

There's a few that're up on the list. Some probably fake, some me trying to touch on current events without being too on the nose and otherwise. They probably need a cleaning.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

And a few that are fairly accurate in universe.

What, don't look at me like that, you know BAT is behind the drawdown in their drives and why.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Hah...

The shell game is the best game. It's one thing to have a conspiracy - you can have the conspiracy that the theorists are supposed to find, wrap up and congratulate themselves for getting to the truth

Apparent reality: Jet Jaguar gows on a roaring rampage of revenge against the people who murdered her brother.

Apparent Conspiracy: Asmodeus Grey orgered Mackie's taking alive, through a double agent inside the JLI who had dangled a fake 'spacecraft development program' to get intelligence and data. Jet going off the rasils was carefully calculated and orchestrated to keep from triggerinmg Propheta's

Actual Conspiracy we can tolerate being discovered. Asmodeus Grey wanted Mackie alive because Mackie had discovered a method to manufacture nuclear weapons using a 'commonly available item' . This was kept secret to avoid the discovery that this common item [SPACECAKE] was nuclear possible.

Actual Conspiracy we never want to be discovered: There is a cabal of individuals actively opposing the proliferation of nuclear weapons technology. Mackie inadvertantly discovered a method using Roughrider Engine cores. Lun was armed with weapons manufactured using the discovered method, on the slim chance any viable weapons had been built. These weapons have since been destroyed.