Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten livable cities - 2018
Top Ten livable cities - 2018
The Economist has released its annual list of "most livable cities". The top ten include three in Australia, three in Canada, two in Japan, and one each in Austria and Denmark:
1: Vienna
2: Melbourne
3: Osaka
4: Calgary
5: Sydney
6: Vancouver
7 (tie): Tokyo
7 (tie): Toronto
9: Copenhagen
10: Adelaide

The highest-ranking American city is Honolulu, at #23. NYC placed #57.

Auckland, Perth, Helsinki, and Hamburg all fell off the top ten despite scoring close to where they scored last year... so at least some of the shifts in the list are because other cities are getting better.

But take these rankings with a grain of salt. Puerto Rico as a whole placed at #89 on the list of cities.

Analysis: Forbes and CBC.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: top Ten livable cities - 2018
.... Liveable by what means!? Most of those are places that I know for a fact are some of the most expensive to live in!

... Oh. Wait. Forbes. Magazine of the 'I make seven figures a year and up' crowd.

Yeah, waaaayyyyy different meaning of 'liveable' on my end. Next time, try balancing affordability with the cost of living and not just the creature comforts and conveniences.
Yeah. I've got a grocery store within easy walking distance of where I live, but I'm willing to bet that isn't on the criteria they used for "most livable cities".
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
We're at 41 and falling. Rents are skyrocketing. Traffic is worsening. Public transport is struggling. The only thing getting built is low-density housing, student accomodation and hotels. Lots of hotels. AirBnB is a cancer on cities.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.