Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
I apologize for not being terribly active at this time.  My folks have been really pushing for me to get things taken care of with their old Suburban.  Things left to do:
  • Find turn signal lamps in the pats yard and replace the broken ones
  • Find an engine wire harness in the parts yard and use it to clean up the engine compartment wiring
  • Find dashboard wire harnesses in the parts yard and use them to clean up the in-dashboard wiring
The first two should be easy enough.  GM practically did all their trucks and suburban like cookie-cutouts at the time of our suburban’s manufacture.  The last will be kinda tricky because it was in the model year afterwards they started introducing small changes, and in the year after that, a huge interior+exterior facelift.

Argh.

At the very worst I’m going to wind up rewiring the interior by hand.  But it seems like not much of the original wiring got replaced - only that the original owner was very.... enthusiastic... about adding useless crap to this thing to try and make it into a cut-rate show car.  It’s just going to be a real chore to sort everything out, especially since it seems he added an electric trailer brake system without ever reading the instructions.

This is all so that the vehicle will pass inspection and my folks can put TX plates on it.

No worries, I am being compensated for all this effort.  They’re helping me with my rent and bills to a large degree.  Besides, we really do need it up and running.  It is needed for the big monthly shopping runs to Costco as well as trips to the storage unit to clear out crap my folks no longer want.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki - by Black Aeronaut - 05-30-2020, 03:58 PM