Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Uhhhmmm... not sure if you’re joking or not... but the following runs with the assumption that you’re not joking.

Do you really want to attract writers that hate anime just because they cannot get over the visual style? Really, consider the headache in dealing with someone like that.

The way I see it, if someone is honestly so squicked out that they’re like “Fuck this shit I’m out”, then good riddance. I don’t want that kind of attitude in here fouling up the air.

Now, like I was saying, if we want to have pictures of photorealistic representations of these characters, then that’s fine. I just feel that it shouldn’t be the first thing a newcomer sees. Keep in mind that these days, WE are the Great Old Ones now. We can figure out that a gorgeous odango-atama with Anglo coloration but Japanese features is Tsukino Usagi, but someone who’s just joined the fandom may not know.  Hell, sometimes it takes ME a minute to figure out a photorealistic fan art, and this is because I associate much more effectively with the original style that I saw in the anime/manga.

Question: does MediaWiki support that neat trick of having multiple profile photos you can click through?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki - by Black Aeronaut - 03-27-2021, 12:34 AM