Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
(03-27-2021, 08:18 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Bit of a tangent, but I think it would still be a good idea if we used something like Google Docs for the live stories.  It'll make it a lot easier to avoid that awkward situation where two people are working on the same story on the Wiki and don't even know it, and then try to submit changes that happen to contradict one another.

With Docs, you can see the changes being made in real-time, so you wouldn't wind up with that situation.  Even better?  You can leave in-line notes and commentary for others.  Stuff like, "Are you sure you meant this and not that?" or "Don't you think this is a bit out of character for this person?"

I have a fundamental dislike of sharing information with Google for any reason. I know too much about how they use it.

And we started the wiki because we wanted someplace where we could all edit the live stories, and PiratePad was glitching on us. So far, we haven't had an edit collision.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki - by robkelk - 03-27-2021, 09:15 AM