Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Well, Scrivener can compile stuff into Markdown.  The real trick, though, is in getting all the fine detail stuff to translate over like linebreaks and horizontal rules.  It can be done, it's just gonna take a lot of trial and error on my part.

But looking at Pandoc now....  Kinda wish someone had mentioned it earlier.  It would have saved me a LOT of time.  And what's great is that Scrivener can compile documents in several of the formats listed in there that are two-way convertible.  And MediaWiki markup is also two-way convertible.  Which means that I can not only compile in Scrivener and convert in Pandoc, I can also do the reverse; import raw markup text from the Wiki and import it into Scrivener while preserving all of the formatting.  Score!

And the great thing about Scrivener is that it's perfect for projects like this, with a hierarchical binder, story boarding, various tags, custom metadata (holy crap the metadata tools are ridonkulous), iterative snapshots (that you can roll back to whenever from whenever), foot notes, side notes, whatever you damn well want or need notes, and even a distraction free writing mode.  Yeah, it's a bit OP as far as writing software goes.  I can even color-code everything so it works very well with both my ASD and my ADHD.

The only reason why I haven't taken full advantage of the features here is because I haven't had the time to go off on a full-on ASD-style grind-this-shit-like-D&D bender.

Anyhow, I'll just have to look at MediaWiki's markup to see what all it can and cannot do, and what output Scrivener can do that will give me the most bang for my buck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki - by Black Aeronaut - 09-17-2021, 02:32 AM