Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Folks might have noticed that a few pages have iconic pictures above the title line. I just added another one, and confirmed that a page can display more than one "top icon".

.jpg   Minako's page's top icons.jpg (Size: 10.99 KB / Downloads: 66)

(A lot more informative than some padlocks, right?)

For character pages, we currently have "Magical girl" and "Musician" -- which is why I picked Minako's page to show off the top icons.

I'd like to do top icons for the other specialized character types that we've identified: Alien‎, Celestial‎, Clone‎, Cyber Intelligence‎, Cyborg‎, Esper‎, Familiar‎, Hacker‎, and Mage‎.

If somebody has some time, could you take a look on Wikimedia Commons and see whether you can find generic (i.e., not story-specific) icons for each of these, please? SVG format works best, since vector images scale well, but JPG and PNG also work.

I'm thinking a pointed hat for "Mage", and if nobody else finds one before my lunch break, I'll go look for one on Commons.

(There's also a special top icon for characters who are in my SI's household/family throughout all arcs of TNB, but that's still a work in progress. The progress will go faster now that I have Daz Studio re-installed. If anyone else wants that sort of special icon, give me a list of characters and an image and I'll set one up for you.)

Yes, we also have top icons for "story" and "working notes". Those were at the top of my list.

EDIT: Do we want story-specific icons for characters? We already mention the source story in the infobox.

RE-EDIT: Had a few minutes during a coffee break - found a usable pointy hat. And now I'm wondering what we could possibly use for a cyborg, considering the term applies to characters as varied as The Six Million Dollar Man and a Dalek.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki - by robkelk - 09-27-2021, 08:19 AM