Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFC][Planning] World 3-8: PMMM - Being You is Apotheosis
[RFC][Planning] World 3-8: PMMM - Being You is Apotheosis
Okay, just wanted to get all this down real quick before I forget any of it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Garrick gets so monstrously powered up.  One idea that I have is that he can essentially use the corruption in soul gems, basically purifying them while also powering him up.  He's able to get away with it because after all the hurt, pain, and despair he's been through, he can not only tank it, but use it in a sort of positive/negative mana reaction - the magic equivalent of a matter/antimatter reactor.  Which is probably how the Incubators' overseers were going to use it.

Anyhow, what's even more amazing is that he can even 'purify' a witch.  The trouble is, they're still very much broken little girls in the aftermath.  The best they're able to do is bring them to a state-run psychiatric hospital.  But the hope they have is that each and every one of them has a faint glimmer of something in their eyes.  Like there is a newly rekindled candle flame in their souls because they know now that somewhere, out there, there is someone that cares enough to actually come and save them.

Garrick will go through several loops like this and amass a HORRENDOUS amount of negative energy to use as fuel.  Of course, the Incubators sic other puella magi on him, but once he's able to demonstrate his ability to purify their soul gems, suddenly they all turn against the Incubators.

I'm not sure how, but at some point, something pushes Garrick over the edge and the all the negative energy he's been carrying just cascades and he winds up causing a... what was it called?  Dimensional incursion?  Reality quake?  Basically, does the same thing Tenchi does in OVA3 and it's fucking bacon in a frying pan for the Choushin.

They now know where Garrick is because his soul just lit up the all the dimensional layers like the Griswold's house in December.

The Incubators and their masters are PANICKING.  They have never seen anything like this, and they know that its starting to rip apart the fabric of reality itself.  Meanwhile, Garrick is beholding time from a non-linear perspective.  Everywhen is now.  Now is whenever.  And with all this time on his hands, he is able to sort things out at long last.

This is when he starts working his way through the ages, starting with the very first Puella Magi, and working his way forward, offering each and every one of them the same choice.  Come with me.  Be my family.  You will have love and support and finally do the good you really wanted to do.

The hell of it is that they are all perfectly wonderful little angels, each in their own way.  The Incubators targeted them on purpose like this because they'd be the most likely to turn into witches themselves.  And so they all jump at this new chance.

And so he goes filling up his own little 'Chamber of Guf' until there are no more Puella Magi to collect.  And then he sets his sights on the Incubators and their masters.  Simply put?  Their shit is fucked.

Once he deals with them (I'm thinking of following the one example from that Dr. Who/PMMM Crossover where the Doctor dumps Kyubey into the realm of the Weeping Angels or something like that - only doing it with the entire damn group of races that was spearheading this thing) He then goes ahead and skips off towards home... only he pulls a Washu and seals his power and the memories of all the experiences he had while in God-Mode.  He has a basic idea of what he did, and he can somehow recall every face of every girl he 'saved', but otherwise it's all a rather pleasant feeling blur, like the gaps between early childhood memories.

And then he winds up back in the Tenchi-verse's past because while he was still in God-Mode, he noticed there was a certain little pink haired Juraian Princess and her erstwhile bodyguard-oni that need some help.  Afterwards, Washu fishes him out of the past, and everyone is happy.  Tongue

Soooooo, thoughts?
RE: [RFC][Planning] World 3-8: PMMM - Being You is Apotheosis
My first thought is that you should probably start laying in foreshadowing for the power up method as early as you can since it's going to be so important, with the whole "Juraian energy cleanses negative-aligned energy" thing. I'm not sure how much Tenchi canon supports that, but it's good enough for fanfic purposes.

A bit more reflection suggests that slowly introducing the idea that he's switching over to powering those abilities himself (so it can be excused as a quirk of his own specific flavor of power if need be) rather than simply channeling Tsunami via Katherine needs to come first, though, and actually being able to do that reliably sooner still. So... a longish course to work up to it, but that's why it's the endgame after all.

e: And he should totally fist-bump Apotheosis Tenchi before locking back down to mortal-form and being constrained my linear time.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: [RFC][Planning] World 3-8: PMMM - Being You is Apotheosis
Good point.  I think I can start on that as early as either Pokemon, maybe even a bit in Katanagatari...  I can almost imagine a scene where Garrick picks up the dagger, Akuto Bita, and the things SCREAMS as it suddenly corrodes and turns to rust in his hands.

(This was one of the 12 Deviant Blades - this particular one is supposed to be stabbed into the user's chest and will provide never-ceasing vitality.  It's name is supposed to mean 'Poor, The Evil'.)

As for powering it himself... that's already the idea behind the lighthawk wing he generates now.  As he said to Azonia, that is the manifestation of him using his own power to exert his will on the universe.  But it's only the one for now.  I'm going to have it that it's kind of an exponential power thing...  here, lemme write out the math, it's simpler that way.

We need a numerical value to start with, so for the moment let's just say that a single lighthawk wing has an arbitrary power level of 2.  To get a second one, he need twice the amount of power he has now, IN ADDITION to what he has.  Therefore:

1 Wing: 2
2 Wings: 2+2^2=6
3 Wings: 2+2^2+2^3=14
4 Wings: 2+2^2+2^3+2^4=30
5 Wings: 2+2^2+2^3+2^4+2^5=62

I'm playing with the idea that the Clan's... Crest?  Coat of Arms?  That it should show a black fox-spirit - a Nogitsune.  They are different from their counterparts in that they do not serve Inari, and therefore are not bound against doing harm to humans.  They are not necessarily evil, though a few are legitimate bad news, but the majority of them are simply pranksters.  That said, one should always be careful when the fox spirit you're dealing with is not one of Inari's servants.

Anyhow, the whole thing is that for every Wing Garrick can generate on his own, the Nogitsune gets a tail.  Which will be keeping with the traditional idea that the older and more powerful a fox spirit is, the more tails it will have.

By the time he hits nine, he's gonna have retired for the most part.  But should anything catch his interest...  Well, the Nine Tails are said to be the most terrifying ones of them all - even the ones that serve Inari.

Maybe he'll take to having tea with Yukari and Ran on a regular basis...

And yes, he will definitely be bro-fisting Kami-Tenchi.

Kami-Tenchi: "Dude.  That trick with the souls of those Puella Magi... That is SICK."
Kami-Garrick: "Can't take all the credit, Bro.  It was all this little angel's idea."
Kami-Madoka: "Uhm... Hi?"