Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No
RE: A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No
By the way Norgarth, love the gif, whats that from, Young Frankenstein?

**Vista**
I hated when my mother either had the early shift or the overnight shift at the hospital and I didn’t, (or couldn’t arrange) a late shift for myself. When we both had late shifts I would simply sleep over in the Wards dorm and either bring a spare set of clothes or wear the ones I kept there for just such an occasion. This time though, because of the first day back at school on top of the holiday weekend, we hadn’t had any patrols for me to hide behind, which meant waking up at oh-my-God thirty and getting dressed so that I could ride to the PRT building and wait to go to school. There was of course an upside to this in that I could get in a couple of uninterrupted, (and uncommented) hours of cartoons while eating something sugary without being griped at for it being unhealthy.
**Akane**
I woke to the sound of my phone alarm screaming “Dive, Dive, Dive,” with a diving klaxon blasting out as well. I never knew when it was going to be hard for me to wake up, so I had found this alarm sound and so far, it had worked. Shutting off the alarm I rolled out of bed and looked at the time, my body was still getting used to the Eastern Time Zone and part of me wanted to skip the workout I had in favor of more sleep. Preferably at least until the NHK Nightly News came on. I chuckled at the thought and then left the room, grabbing the domino mask from the bedside table as I walked out.

Exiting the room, I headed toward the lounge area where I was surprised to find a blonde-haired girl sitting on the couch and flipping channels. She was wrapped in a blanket and when I was standing behind her I could see that she was sitting there in the near dark with a soup bowl of cereal in her lap. A couple hours to kill, mind numbing cartoons, and a bowl of sugar infused chocolatey goodness. I smiled, “Ah, the guilty pleasures are always the best, aren’t they?” I asked wondering where she got the cereal. She probably had her own stash as the only cereal I had found in the kitchenette had been an unopened box of Wheaties that was probably almost as old as I was being that it had a teenage Mouse Protector on the box.

“They certainly are,” the girl said with a smile to match my own, and then she froze in place as if Clockblocker had tagged her.
**Taylor**
I woke up to the combination of a scream, a crash, and the blaring of an alarm causing me to literally roll out of my bed. I then had to fight my way out of the comforter that someone, (probably Akane, bless her) had covered me up with, before finally making it out of my room, down the hallway and into the lounge area where I found Akane sitting on the floor covered in liquid and broken crockery, and a blonde haired tween standing next to the door as a small flood of PRT agents and Miss Militia came storming in. immediately my hands went up as there were foam sprayers pointed everywhere while the blonde latched onto Miss Militia and asked, “Who are these people and why are they here?”

Akane was giving me a sheepish look from under her wet head, kind of like one of the twins from that Harry Potter movie series of the last few years and as the troopers fanned out Miss Militia aske the blond girl, “What the hell happened here?”
“So what’s the story?” Missy asked after Akane left to get cleaned up and Miss Militia went to get the three of us breakfast from the cafeteria. It had taken about five minutes to get everything calmed down once the older cape had arrived, and another ten after that to get the mess of broken soup bowl and spilled milk and cereal cleaned up. I lifted an eyebrow at her and her question, so she specified. “Why are you here?”

“My power currently overwhelms me with sensory overload,” I answered. “I’m working my way up in exposure so that I can acclimatize to all the input.”

It was her turn to have a questioning look in her face, so I elaborated, “Akane is a power manipulator who helping me by adjusting my power’s setting.”

“Whoah,” Missy said going wide eyed, “So what is your power?”

“Arthropod master with a breaker secondary similar to Shadow Stalker’s,” I grimaced at Sophia’s cape name but either Missy didn’t notice or she chose to ignore it in favor of trying to parse what I had  said.

“Shadow Stalker isn’t going to like that,” she said absently while deep in thought. “She’s kinda possessive about her entire schtick.” Suddenly she pulled out a smartphone and tapped on it for a second before exclaiming, “Holy shit, you control bugs?”

“As well as spiders, crabs and probably a whole bunch of other things,” I said with a smile, she smiled in return and started to laugh only to groan after a couple of moments. “What was that for?” I asked.

“The laughter was because of the conniptions you are going to give the PR department,” she answered. “The groan was because of how bad they are going to try and nerf your powers in the name of being family friendly and politically correct.”

“What in the name of all that is unholy does being family friendly have to do with stopping crime,” Akane asked coming out of the back in fresh clothes. “I mean granted it’s not just about going out and smacking heads until people start to behave, but still?”

Missy shrugged at the question about the same time a buzzer sounded and all three of us turned our attention to the door. “That’s probably Miss Militia,” she said putting on a domino mask and handing me one as well. Akane had already grabbed a fresh one when she had gotten dressed.

A couple of minutes later Miss Militia entered the room pushing a meal cart with three covered trays and a pair of large pitchers that she brought over and sat on the coffee table between us. “Breakfast is served, you girls try not to make a mess,” she said arching an eyebrow at Missy, “and Vista, remember you have a bus to catch, don’t be late for it.”

The three of us chorused, “Yes Ma’am” to her and descended on the platters pulling back the lids to show the bevy of breakfast food that she had brought us. Pancakes and scrambled eggs, sausages, both patty and link, bacon along with toast and a collection of jelly and syrup packets. In fact, we were so intent on our food that we never noticed her leave the room.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Messages In This Thread
RE: A CYOA in Worm or I think my name is No No - by Rajvik - 10-07-2018, 03:45 PM