Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business story plus sports story equals politics thread
Business story plus sports story equals politics thread
Nike shares drop after choice of Colin Kaepernick for ad spurs boycott

A 3% drop in share price is never fun. Mind you, "Old angry white guys are not a core demographic for Nike." - Matt Powell, a senior advisor with market research firm NPD Group

Canadian Football League launches "Diversity Is Strength" campaign

"Be the true north strong and free (to express yourself)" Video
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Business story plus sports story equals politics thread
Levi Strauss CEO: Why Business Leaders Need to Take a Stand on Gun Violence

If this keeps up, some people will run out of anything to wear.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
I adore how proud some of these racist idiots are about destroying their own property that they already paid for.
(09-04-2018, 06:22 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: I adore how proud some of these racist idiots are about destroying their own property that they already paid for.

Its not about race, at least to the people cutting off their swooshes,  (as a note I've never bought bike's over priced bullshit anyway). To the people that are cutting off their swooshes,  its about Kapernick disrespecting the flag, and by it the nation and those who stand for it, race and reasons be damned.

You want to change something, then take your millions of dollars and go out and start a business that puts these "disenfranchised" to work. You want to make social change, spend your money building something instead of shooting yourself in the balls career wise and then blaming "racism and exercising your right to free speech."

Sorry, rant over
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I keep hearing about Kapernick "disrespecting the flag". How so? As far as I know, there is no legal requirement to stand whenever a flag is within line of sight.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No, I meant the racist idiots. I mean the people who scream about the right to wave the Confederate and nazi flags at white supremacist rallies. I mean the assholes who harass and abuse the survivors of your school shootings because they believe the right to own guns no matter what is more important than a child's right to live. I mean the people who are buying Nike products solely to destroy them, failing to realise this act involves giving Nike more money.

I support their right to peacefully protest. I just find it hilarious they have so little logic involved in it. Because they're racist idiots.
(09-04-2018, 07:54 PM)robkelk Wrote: I keep hearing about Kapernick "disrespecting the flag". How so? As far as I know, there is no legal requirement to stand whenever a flag is within line of sight.

The argument about disrespecting the flag or the anthem is just a rhetorical cover for their real point which is: “Stop calling attention to police abuse. You are making the nation look bad.”
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
(09-04-2018, 07:46 PM)Rajvik Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 06:22 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: I adore how proud some of these racist idiots are about destroying their own property that they already paid for.

You want to change something, then take your millions of dollars and go out and start a business that puts these "disenfranchised" to work. You want to make social change, spend your money building something instead of shooting yourself in the balls career wise and then blaming "racism and exercising your right to free speech."

I don't know, he seems to be getting a hell of a lot more press for this, even months later, than he would have if he'd opened an NGO.