Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body of Christ
Body of Christ
The hymns from the choir made time with the rhythmic thrumm of the machinery of production. Mystic incense tinted the atmosphere on the factory floor.

On a conveyor snaking around, glass bottles marched. Steam sourced from the wells of Lourdes sanctified each bottle, inside and out, purifying it to receive the holy liquid. From probes which hung from steel vessels suspended from the ceiling, thick red liquid filled each bottle, before advancing to a chorus of elderly nuns hand-labelling them with the tenderest care, sealing them with blessed wax.

One was chosen, to fill a Platinum cup.

The Holy Blood of Christ.

On another line, from another hissing machine, the Eucharist emerged in its final form from embossed steel molds, each one bleached a perfect, pure white with the cross of the Lord himself sharply embossed on the surface. 

Wafers spilled into golden vats to await their distribution to the faithful of the world.

A sample of twelve were taken from a brushed steel mold, each one carefully carried in cupped hands with whispered prayers to a second golden cup to join the Blood.

Silent nuns brought the offerings through ancient stone-carved corridors to a secret room high in the Basilica where the 12 Cardinals waited around a guilded Sandalwood table. Stained glass windows twice the height of a man shone with liquid colour, bathing the room in the lights of Creation

A short mass was spoken. Body of Christ. Blood of Christ. Amen. The Cardinals took their samples

Taste. Texture. All were checked, then chosen. A sense of holy wellbeing passed across the room, assuring the Conclave that all was well with the religious processes in the factory far beneath.

Satisfied, they called for the next reincarnation to be brought forth.

Far below, the reincarnated body of Jesus Christ was led from the holy chamber of Gauf into a cold steel room. Under harsh, stinging lights, flanked by praying Priests in black cloaks swinging smoking sceptres he would meet his final fate as he had every thirty minutes from the previous fifty years.

A Shenzhou Heavy Machinery Type 372 whole-carcass screw-driven mechanically seperated meat machine.

For the pastoral demands of the world's billion Catholics had to be met and sacrifices had to be made.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Body of Christ
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! That went a dark place. I'd always wondered how the Jeez-Its were made.

I take it that your current respect for the Catholic Church is somewhat low.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Ouch. Dark indeed.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Yeah, my sense of humour has an event horizon.

Although if you think that's dark, just ask yourself how things were done before mechanisation. Or add the sound effects from *that* scene in Fargo.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.