Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane Florence
Hurricane Florence
If you live anywhere near the path of the storm, now is the time to be finishing preparations. The damn thing jumped from a Category 2 this morning to a Category 4, and some models have it doing a Harvey and stalling off the coast so the state or states (depending on where it makes landfall) could be seeing up to 4 days of rain.

This is an analysis by Dr. Jeff Masters of the multiple threats posed by the storm.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Hurric...=hp-slot-2
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
RE: Hurricane Florence
Yikes! I'm well north of where it's expected immediately (right under one of the possible tracks though, but who knows where it'll actually end up?) but it still looks like a good time to make sure the cell phone and Kindle are all charged up, put batteries in the flashlights, tie down things that might blow around in the yard...
--
‎noli esse culus
Looks like we'll get soaked here in NJ at the very least...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Remembers the conversation from the "There's Nothing Better" thread about prepping.

And Florence has already been up to a four, back down to a TS, and is now back up to a four, possibly pushing a five at landfall.
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd