Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master Slave No More?
Master Slave No More?
Python would prefer slavery just didn't exist because it makes Americans feel bad....

It says a lot that the first thing that came to mind was "Dom" and 'Sub" as a replacement.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Master Slave No More?
Redis does a Python, crushes 'offensive' master, slave code terms

I'm hoping for seme-uke replication myself.

Mediawiki introduced DB_REPLICA as an alternative constant for DB_SLAVE quite a while ago. It's still unclear if any replicants are offended by the new name.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(09-15-2018, 02:39 AM)Labster Wrote: Mediawiki introduced DB_REPLICA as an alternative constant for DB_SLAVE quite a while ago. It's still unclear if any replicants are offended by the new name.

I tend to think more of this myself, or maybe the Star Wars prequels. That's more because it's been a fair bit longer since I've seen Blade Runner, admittedly.

As for the actual issue, well, I think it's a silly thing to get upset over either way, so why not use something that doesn't rustle people's jimmies to no meaningful purpose?

Yeah, I'm trying to live up to my .sig more.
--
‎noli esse culus
Because Drogn, some people have to either think everyone is as thin skinned as they are, or be so pathetically thin skinned that the facts of history are just to much for their safe space to handle

as you said, its meaningless, on both sides
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

(09-15-2018, 02:39 AM)Labster Wrote: Redis does a Python, crushes 'offensive' master, slave code terms

I'm hoping for seme-uke replication myself.

Mediawiki introduced DB_REPLICA as an alternative constant for DB_SLAVE quite a while ago.  It's still unclear if any replicants are offended by the new name.

What, introduce non-English terms into a programming language? It's more likely we'd see "top-bottom"...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown