Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have a Coke and a ... buzz?
Have a Coke and a ... buzz?
(Starting this thread in Politics because I know it'll end up here anyway.)

Coca-Cola, Aurora exploring potential for cannabis-infused drinks

Lifetime ban potential makes U.S. travel a 'calculated risk' for cannabis interests in Canada, lawyer says

So... work for the Coca-Cola Company and get turned away from the border? How things have changed since Doctor Strangelove.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Have a Coke and a ... buzz?
Considering the ingredient they're named for, it's not a surprise if they're going for Toke-a-Cola, really. Hopefully we'll get some sanity back in Washington with the next few election cycles, at least to the point of not antagonizing one of our (in the most literal sense) closest allies by threatening to punish your citizens for things done legally outside US soil.
--
‎noli esse culus
Unfortunately, the laws against sex tourism give a very solid precedent for this kind of thing.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Oh, it gets better - under certain interpretations of Homeland Security's rules, you might be turned away at the border if you so much as own shares in a company that's selling a marijuana derivative. Or so hints the second link in the OP.

EDIT: And the "turned away at the border for something that's legal in one country but not the other" cuts both ways. Try to bring a legally-purchased-and-licensed firearm into Canada and you'll be lucky if all that happens is the firearm is confiscated and destroyed.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I don't get what you guys are complaining about in regard to 'take items that you have legal access to in one country into a country where you don't.'

Now, complaining about getting punished for having partaken in things that are legal in another country while there?

Something else entirely.
(09-17-2018, 05:11 PM)hazard Wrote: I don't get what you guys are complaining about in regard to 'take items that you have legal access to in one country into a country where you don't.'

Now, complaining about getting punished for having partaken in things that are legal in another country while there?

Something else entirely.

Yeah, that's the big one here. If you work for a Canadian marijuana company, you can be denied entry to the USA - even if you're the receptionist or the sysadmin and never go near the hydroponics rooms.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yeah, that's what I was talking about, not necessarily using or being at the point of sale or even growing/transporting/etc. the material directly, and not US citizens who went up for a party weekend. Canadian citizens with marijuana-related jobs that are entirely legal by Canadian law, and state law in several parts of the US at this point.
--
‎noli esse culus