Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
Academy City will be fairly easy to deal with.  Just tell Emperor Azusa that they've taken an unhealthy interest in his daughters.  You'll be able to count on one hand how many seconds until his 1st Generation Tree Ship shows up, along with his Wives ships in their combined form.  (Yeah, the trees that bonded to those two are like conjoined twins, and as such their hulls can be combined.  So even though they're both 2nd Gen Trees, they are, for all practical purposes, more powerful than a 1st Gen when in their combined state.)

Same thing with the Yauta.  Gang up on their asses and force those ass holes to play nice.  Or else we remind them why the 'Soft Meat' is considered a far more dangerous prey than the 'Hard Meat'.  (They'll probably find a human with an X-Ray Laser/M-AM Gun in his right arm, a penchant for fucking with the odds, and able to beat them at their own game of hide-and-seek to be pretty fucking compelling all on his own.)

I did indeed forget about TSAB.  They will be an issue as well, but the good news is that they'll be largely on our side.  Do we play with the idea that each Administered and Unadministered world are actually parallel versions of each other or that 'Traveling the Dimensional Sea' is basically their version of Hyperdrive?

Stargate...  I left that aside because it's largely my youngest brother's thing, but he's honestly not cut out for this project.  He really is the way he is in the writing.  So if anyone else wants it, go for it.  That, or we can have them just show up in Season 2, which will be sensible if we want access to Atlantis.

Regard our night sky changing - not anytime soon.  By and large, a lot of the source materials out there make use of our own galaxy as is.  Though there will certainly be some changes to the individual systems, like there being additional versions of Earth parked in the Earth-Sol L-Points.

Extra-galactically speaking, the Star Wars Galaxy is gonna be practically next door, as will the Pegasus Galaxy from SG: Atlantis.

To bridge that gap....   Well....

I got an idea, but I dunno how you guys will like it.

Y'all remember the game, Borderlands?

Apparently in that setting, Pandora is in the armpit between 'Nowhere' and 'Lost' in the midst of SIX GALAXIES.  The only reason it sticks out is because of the fabled Vault that is said to exist with the technology of a lost civilization that was far in advance of the current one that has travel, commerce, and communications between SIX GALAXIES.

How do they manage it all?  Well.  I'd imagine that it looks a lot like politics here on Earth, only on a grand intergalactic scale, only the 'Nations' are actually more like other 'UNs' from different parts of different galaxies.  And each one of those itself is again another study of Earth politics, only on a lesser scale.

Upshot?  It'll give use plenty of places to put other stuff that shows up, as well as an intergalactic travel system we can pretty much handwave however we want to.  Downside?  SIX FRICKEN GALAXIES.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Black Aeronaut - 09-19-2018, 07:19 PM