Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
Academy City will need some subtlety to take out. As an analogy, what's needed here is something like sniping a half-dozen people in the Sistine Chapel without disturbing the Pope. (No, wait - that's exactly what we'll need to do to take out the worst elements of Necessarius the "Roman Orthodox" church.) The vast majority of Academy City is made up of good and decent people; it's the people in charge that are the problem. Brute force will do more harm than good in this case - no sending in Light Hawk Wings where a Starlight Breaker is better indicated. (Yes, I did just call Nanoha the subtle option. Scary, isn't it?)

My take on the Nanohaverse: If all of the administered and unadministered worlds were dimensional analogues of each other, then the TSAB wouldn't need to build spacecraft. Since they do have spacecraft - the Arthura is normal-space-capable - some of those worlds need to be elsewhere in space.

If we're bringing in more Earths, we'll need a half-dozen in a rosette pattern for a stable system - each Earth would be following the Earth in its L4 point and leading the Earth in its L5 point. The usual solutions assume much smaller masses in the Lagrangian points; if you want equal masses, you have to keep going and populate the points all around the entire circle. Or so I'm told. That gives us six inhabited worlds to play with just in the Solar system.

(I could see the Megami sorting people amongst six Earths according to their tech level, magic level, or something else similar so that people only need to deal with similar paradigms until they leave their new home planets. Yes, Evangelion, Aria, and Sailor Moon are sufficiently close in settings that it's reasonable they'd end up on the same Earth, if you compare them to Lodoss, Slayers, and Order of the Stick. Or we can just say "the first Earth is for the earliest displacees, and the other five are where cultures started getting sorted by broad type." We could have a sword-and-sorcery world, a post-apocalypse world, and so on.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by robkelk - 09-19-2018, 08:57 PM