Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
To discuss matters somewhat more relevant to the thread title, I had a thought about this.  Nothing major...

(09-25-2018, 04:11 AM)Labster Wrote: Dantrovians are original to Symphony of the Sword, with Kaolla Su as something of a design template -- but Gryphon hasn't actually seen Love Hina at that point iirc, so he did something entirely different.  So you did find all the source material.  I've just always wished they played a bigger role in the story, it's like we get these tantalizing clues, but never get all the way fleshed out.  It's the kind of feeling that makes one want... to write fanfic. Big Grin

(I'm starting to wonder if the Dantrovians really are the Furlings, though)

If we are gonna bring elements of UF into this, then we need to be very VERY careful about how we go about it.  The trouble we run into is that major elements of Ah! My Goddess! feature heavily into UF.  Prime example: Corwin Ravenhair.  Skuld would be all levels of WTF over that.

There's only one of two ways we can go about this.

One is that we import only the original content that can be imported without upsetting things.  Namely, Dantrov's World and the Dantrovians.  But no Azalyn.  Sorry.  She's sweet and adorable, but she's far too intermeshed.  Bringing Azalyn would mean bringing Katelyn.  Bringing Katelyn would mean bringing in everyone else.

Option Two is that we treat UF, as it is right now: an alternate universe entirely separate from the Yggdrasil-Nidhogg System.  We don't really write about any potential adventures had over there.  And if they are had, then whatever they may be I would ask that they be 1) Noodle Incidents and 2) Have as little potential for conflict with the greater UF storylines and plots as possible.  Additionally, we can still also have our own version of Dantrov's World.

Who knows.  Maybe Gryphon will notice what we're doing here and maybe he'll like it.  Maybe he'll like it enough that he'll be comfortable in saying that ours is some strange but wonderful mirror-verse of UF-verse, and thus we might have the opportunity to have some fun crossover-stories.  But I doubt it.  He has enough irons in the fire as it is right now, and I'm sure he doesn't want anything more than the usual distractions slowing things down for him.

Not that I wouldn't love to see a meeting between Benjamin and Corwin and a potential build-project between them.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Black Aeronaut - 09-30-2018, 02:43 AM