Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
I didn't have any specific plans for UF stuff, so let's just table it for the time being.  Honestly, it's such a huge world that it would sort of overwhelm our setting, unless it gets very established.  It's the only thing I've read that actually feels like a whole galaxy, with a million different little things going on everywhere until suddenly you've got warships and high school bands jamming at a god's vacation house.  Illuminatus! gets close in terms of capturing the full craziness of reality, but nowhere near in story or writing quality.

The canon versions of Ninja High School are kinda boring compared to the UF versions, though.  There was a point where I just stopped reading because he seemed to give up on all the main characters.  If you want something like that, might as well bring in Urusei Yatsura; you can do anything with those characters (case in point: the canon Heian (era) Self-Defense Force chapters).  They're another katamari cast, like Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, or Ranma, but given that we have a few of those already, we should probably be safe.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Labster - 10-01-2018, 03:10 PM