Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
(12-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: .... I actually did write up what I had in mind, in general.  In fact, it's right here:

(10-07-2016, 01:07 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: General plot is as follows:

Plot Arc 1
Arrivals
The Yggdrasil/Nidhog system has crashed, locking the entire multiverse down into stasis and creating  a new universe where everything is being dumped - The Metacontinuity.  But can our SI-Heroes help stymie the encroaching chaos so the Goddess can repair the damage?

Plot Arc 2
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Heroes, villains, and everything in between are appearing in Metacontinuity in rapid succession.  Nations are established and epic wars are fought.  But can peace be attained with so much chaos?

Plot Arc 3
Good News Bad News
It seems that things are looking up.  Metacontinuity is stabilizing, but signs of a deeper concern are lurking in the background.  Villainous elements have been mysteriously disappearing and that cannot be an actual good thing.

Plot Arc 4
Apocalypse Everywhere
Salem, Kyubey, and the rest of her minions trigger an apocalyptic event that winds up triggering apocalypse scenarios throughout the multiverse.  Can this systematic annihilation of all life in all universes be stopped?

After Story - Tales of the Metacontinuity
Short stories or series about life in the Metacontinuity after the 'Matastability'.

To put this into perspective, my idea was that Season 3 is supposed to be like the series of events in the Star Wars universe that take place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.  Sure, one could skip over it, but they're missing out on a lot of content between the two movies.

And yes, in a very real sense, this is gonna be exactly like throwing everything into the blender.  But that's what this thread is for: to ensure we get an awesome smoothie instead of something Akane Tendo threw together in five minutes.

In short, I'm playing the long game here.  And just like with Undocumented Features over at EPU, it's gonna take a long time and lots of content for this to mature.  And I know you guys know that Ben and Company at EPU take their time to do it right.  That's exactly what I want to do here.
That helps. What we;ve been doing is still good, then.

(12-03-2018, 01:27 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Also, this is part of why I'd like to have more people on board with this.  While it does make things a bit tricky to coordinate, the additional ideas and critiques will be crucial.  The last thing we need is for this to stagnate due to lack of fresh ideas.

I've been asking around. Epsilon's busy with another long-term project, alas.

I suppose we could ask Bob a third time... Wink Nah - DW's a bigger project than this is.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by robkelk - 12-03-2018, 01:47 PM