Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
(12-08-2018, 05:11 PM)Labster Wrote: So I am a bit concerned about Rob's questions, and how we can answer them.  There's an old saying in programming, worse is better, which means that sometimes it's just better to have a working implementation to draw adoption.  But I... don't really know where we're going yet.

Which is why I asked in the first place.

Working out the overall outline isn't something that needs a real-time collaboration tool; a wiki page will do just fine for hammering things out. I've taken BA's 50,000-foot-view that's posted above and put it on a wiki page, adding some bullet points to the sections for Arcs 1 and 2 to help bring the first half down to where we can actually use it as an outline. It needs a lot of work, from all of us.

Rough Outline of the Overall Plot

EDIT: I'm not used to writing to an outline - I'm a seat-of-the-pants writer by preference. But seat-of-the-pants doesn't work too well in shared universes, so... outline.

(12-08-2018, 05:11 PM)Labster Wrote: (My workplace is pretty amazing, if you have technical skills appropriate to an online service, we're hiring remote, PM me.)
(As a coder, I make a good documenter... and I'm so close to a pension that I have it marked on my Outlook calendar, and my boss doesn't want me to retire. So I'll stick where I am, thanks. Yeah, I know how lucky I am.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by robkelk - 12-08-2018, 07:26 PM