Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
(12-14-2018, 10:05 PM)robkelk Wrote: I've thrown together one wiki page: K-On!, Magic Knight Rayearth, Kimagure Orange Road, and Nuku-Nuku in New Jersey. (Let's be honest with ourselves: if the "normal" people don't move in first, they won't want to move in with the metahumans.) As for the apartment name: as we occasionally say on All The Tropes, "Needs a Better Name".

A possible location -- a small garden apartments complex called Douglass Gardens Apartments at 462 Hamilton St, Somerset NJ.  Attila's mother lived there the last few years of her life, so I am (or was) kind of familiar with it.  It's in walking distance of Rutgers, despite actually being in the next town (and country) over from New Brunswick, and isn't far from Franklin Township High School, either (Franklin being the larger township that Somerset is part of). 

The only problem is that it's not as small as the other locations in the story; there aren't all that many small apartment buildings in the area.  They're either large highrises like The Harrison or The Colony House, or they're good-sized garden apartment complexes like Douglass Gardens or The Gardens at Raritan, or they're converted Victorian houses which can hold six to eight college students in semiprivate rooms.  Or it's something owned by the university and more like a dorm than an apartment building.  I'll keep an eye out for a better candidate, but for the moment, this might be the best choice.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Bob Schroeck - 12-15-2018, 12:19 AM