Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
(12-16-2018, 12:04 PM)robkelk Wrote: Or maybe not, now that I've taken a look at Google's aerial photos of Douglass Gardens Apartments. Judging by those photos, it looks to me like the complex has 150 × 1-bedroom units and 36 × 2-bedroom units. (If my estimate is off, it'll be on the low side; I'm assuming four units per building.) Sure, we could fill that big a place, but only with a lot of displacees showing up.

We could say that Phantomhive only purchased the eastern part of the complex (the section laid out to fit in a triangle), which looks to me to have 58 × 1-bedroom units and 12 × 2-bedroom units -- still a large number, but more manageable.

EDIT: Either way, the on-site manager gets a 2-bedroom place - you need an office, after all.
I had my own second thoughts and went looking elsewhere in the area. There's this place on Joyce Kilmer Avenue in New Brunswick proper. Currently occupied by a rehab outfit and not exactly in the best neighborhood, they're also a hefty walk from most everything, including Rutgers.

Alternatively, there's either or both of these buildings, which are in a somewhat better neighborhood and are also closer to the "downtown" and college areas. They're also just a couple blocks from The Hospital That Ate New Brunswick, AKA Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Bob Schroeck - 12-16-2018, 03:32 PM