Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
That's kinda interesting.

Mainly I'm just worried at a causality level. The current story is that Washuu broke Yggdrasil which broke existence, and somehow the Norse pantheon is in charge of fixing it. It's probably not something I even need to know to write.

I write a lot of comedy, and comedy is about the conflict of expectations and reality. Having comedian characters kinda forces the issue, like here:

Quote:Tomo growled, "I have to tell all of these idiots online what stupid racist assholes they are."

"Really? Have to?" Yomi said.

"Of course she's like this," Brent explained, "She's a Lady of Venus, so you should expect vitriol."

Yomi chuckled, "Good one."

"Hey, wait, why is vitriol funny? It's just angry debate, right?" Tomo asked Yomi for an explanation of the joke.

"It's an old word for sulfuric acid," Yomi defined.

"And how do you know that, Yomi?"

She reflected for a moment. "I don't really know, I just do?"

"Aha! Just like I thought, Yomi is cheating at English!"

"What do you mean cheating?" she rebuffed.

"I used to be way better at English, and now she knows all of these obscure words -- without ever learning them."

Osaka gasped, "You cheater! I can't believe it!"

Tomo turned and began sobbing on Osaka's breast, "She cheated me!"

"There, there." Osaka patted Tomo on the head.

"You were only ever better at the spoken exams! Sheesh."

My expectation was that a lesser being meddled in the affairs of gods, and broke things that the gods have to fix. You're telling me the reality is that a greater being accidentally a whole multiverse, and poor lesser gods have to clean up the mess. I'm not sure about the coherence of the story, but that's kinda funny.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by Labster - 01-20-2019, 06:46 PM