Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes)
(01-21-2019, 05:20 AM)Labster Wrote: Well yeah I speed read a lot.  But what you wrote there isn't relevant to my point, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

I feel like by the nature of the story being a Metacontinuity, we're able to break continuity in a lot of ways.  But the initial event that created the Metacontinuity shouldn't be subject to this fuzzyness.  I mean, okay, it can be a unicorn in the garden.  I'm just trying to reconcile these facts:

Define U as the set of universes that appear in the metacontinuity.

1) The event that caused all of this to happen was Washuu hacking into Yggdrasil.
   A) Implication: Washuu can connect to divine power
B) Implication: Washuu didn't fully understand the operation of the System
2) Damage to Yggdrasil caused all of the universes to be moved into a dump file
   C) Implication: Yggdrasil represents the source of truth for U
   D) Implication: Yggdrasil maintains spacetime for U
3) Belldandy and her sisters operate Yggdrasil on behalf of Heaven
   E) Implication: given C or D, the Norns are responsible for maintaining U
   F) Implication: The Norns are lesser powers than Heaven
4) Heaven and Hell bear responsibility for protecting the Metacontinuity
   G) Implication: Also given E, Heaven represents powers which control and maintain U
5) Belldandy was able to place power limiters on Washuu without her knowing it
  H) Implication: Belldandy is more powerful than Washuu.
6) Tenchi Muyo's universe (TMU) is a member of U
  I) Implication: TMU was maintained by Yggdrasil
7) The Choushin created TMU, and existed outside it across the 8th dimension
  J) Implication: Given I, the Choushin were aware of Heaven
8) Washuu and her sisters (the Choushin) were unaware of any powers greater than they prior to meeting Kami-Tenchi
  K) Implication: Given J, Heaven is less powerful than the Choushin
  L) K contradicts H, given F

So either the 'verse is inconsistent, or I've made the wrong implications.  I think there's something to be said about maybe I'm looking at it wrongly for power levels (above 9000, metering doesn't work).  Maybe it's more of a Brahma/Vishnu situation where creation and maintenance are split.  Except Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva feel like yet another incarnation of The Three, and the Norns are already not that under F.

Ugh, no wonder this was hard to explain, now that I've written it out.  I'm not really looking for answers now.  The MST3K mantra is also an acceptable answer, really.

Given that in A Certain Magical Index light-novel canon, a Level 0 (Shiage Hamazura) can defeat a Level 5 (Meltdowner), your assumption H might not necessarily be valid. Belldandy just had a good day against Washuu, is all.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] Galaxy Building (Where we make Magrathea look like small potatoes) - by robkelk - 02-20-2022, 02:57 PM