Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie/TV night in fics
Movie/TV night in fics
This thought was spawned for reading some of the Garrick-verse posts while a repeat of Return of the Jedi was on the TV and wondering how the Masaki household would react to watching the film (the battle on Endor, specifically the AT-ST assault on the Ewoks and its resultsĀ  Sad ).

Then I thought a bit more widely, how many fics do a movie/TV night scene in them to show the 'non-natives' how the mere Earthlings see things in Sci-Fi and Fantasy?

Examples and links welcome.
RE: Movie/TV night in fics
Star Trek Enterprise often showed the crew having movie nights in the cafeteria(?). I even recognised several of the movies.
There's Nothing Better: my SI has shown the non-natives the shows about themselves... and, by implication, about each other.

EDIT: You asked for a link.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
I cannot think of one off the top of my head. The closest I can remember is in Scribbler's Jedi Harris Chapter 28 . Scribbler continues this idea in the sequel, The Terran Jedi with Teal'c and Bra'tac performing Star Wars for other Jaffa.
Both Tenhawk (Alexander Harris and the Shadow Council - fanfiction.tenhawkpresents.com is down again) and Robst (A Different Halloween) have hadĀ movie nights in Hogwarts in their stories.
I might just have to do something like that. Probably show Tenchi and his family The Breakfast Club. If there is any movie that can give someone of the Japanese mindset insight to the American mindset, then that would be it.