Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ftp.gweep.ca is MIA
ftp.gweep.ca is MIA
I just discovered this looking at one of the fanfic recs pages on ATT, where a bot has recently been checking all the outbound links and flagging broken ones.

For those who don't know, ftp.gweep.ca was the home of perhaps the single largest fanfiction archive on the Net outside of the Pit of Voles.  It had stuff dating back to the dawn of Net fanfic, in the early- to mid-1990s.  Does anyone know what happened to it, and when?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: ftp.gweep.ca is MIA
Someone should check with Gryphon and Zoner. If anyone knows, it should be those two.
RE: ftp.gweep.ca is MIA
This one is still working, https://archives.eyrie.org/anime/
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg