Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's never not time for more transforming robots!
It's never not time for more transforming robots!
Photo 
I did a bit of 3d modeling again, after having a transformation mechanism occur to me while playing Disgaea 4. I'm particularly happy about the cute little wings, though there are obviously a few notdoneyets here - the head (which I have only a vague idea about,) hands (as always,) feet, and a couple of internal widgets. Care to guess how she transforms?

[Image: QTmWoOV.png]

--
‎noli esse culus
RE: It's never not time for more transforming robots!
(09-28-2018, 02:29 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: I'm waffling between Triggerguard and Ironsights for a name, and also about making the pelvis part (not the "belt" but the block under it) the polished steel color instead of blued, because it looks better as a gun but could be seen as a bit suggestive in humanoid mode, like she's got a naked crotch instead of the leotard effect as it is now. I mean, yes, all-metal robot here with no squishy biological bits involved, but still, this is a family show![/spoiler]

My first reaction "Rimfire? is that you?"
Today - yes, the whole day - was spent on the head and face (and the trigger assembly I guess, for a grand total of about ten minutes - I spent more time deciding what color to make it than modeling that, as in a whole ten minutes maybe) with a result that is a little narrow looking, but I knew it would be going in due to how it has to fit into the gun form, even with a transforming head as seems to have become my signature.

[Image: lkF90ZI.png]

Of course, you can also "mistransform" it, and have nekomimi modo Big Grin

[Image: FwTKvYf.png]

Clearly I have no shame. I gues you couild also have NOPE! mode just to hit the memes even harder:

[Image: Wz1mSx9.png]

That's actually just how it transforms to get tucked away, though. I guess she could slide her face up to peek over or around something like a periscope?

[Image: MJ1aW9o.png]

And there it is transformed, with most of the other parts removed. I did a bit of a breast reduction too, which makes surprisingly little difference in the outline of the gun butt for how much less top heavy the robot form looks.
--
‎noli esse culus
So I said to myself, "What if Kamen Rider Zi-O's Time Mazines didn't suck big fat hairy donkey balls?" But how could they possibly transform into something decent while:

* Being thematically appropriate
* Not using too many parts, to keep cost per unit down
* Not being too complicated so people can actually play with the damn things

After pondering these intractable dilemmas for entire minutes, this popped out. No wonder some toy company exec couldn't come up with anything better than having them do the "fall to the ground in despair" pose, with so much effort involved!

non-embedded

So yeah, basically you Rider Kick the universe in the face so hard it lets you travel through time. I know I want one!

Obviously, the official models are far more detailed - this is about actually transforming, even if it's in a way that could be pulled off at 3cm minifigure scale not including the torso articulation during the rider kick, and maybe with a different head style. I think a telescoping support for a ball joint could do the head, though.

... Actually, would anyone be interested if I did detail it up and put it on one of those 3d printing sites? I know people have done little transforming figures with the "Translucent Super-detail" material, though not all that much more than that it's possible.
--
‎noli esse culus
So, (unrelated to the above except that it's me and robots, though the gun girl is a possibility simplified to match the made-to-be-in-swarms style of the new ones, while the Rider robo would need to be detailed-up a bit) I'm having one of my periodic bouts of making little 3D guys nominally for an attempt at making a video game, this time a cross of Transformers and Disgaea expies, basing it on the Godot engine if they ever get past a loose collection of partly finished Blender models. As you might expect from my phrasing, I know better than to think that will be fast if it happens at all, so here's one of the few solid scripty bits I have so far, because it's (allegedly) funny:

Two classic-Transformers-style bots are on the beach, when a sort-of-tanklike something rolls out of the water.

"What's that?" one asks.

"I dunno," the other replies. "It came from the Bay." A moment later, it bursts open and a skeletal, hunched, digitigrade-walking monster, then the split segments of the shell tear apart and plate themselves over it as spiky, ornate armor. "I don't think it's one of us," he concludes, as several more roll up out of the surf.

BATTLE START
--
‎noli esse culus