Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donutmania strikes in Dublin City.
Donutmania strikes in Dublin City.
Irelands capital gripped by Krispy Kreme Fever.

It's been nearly two weeks since a Krispy Kreme opened in Dublin and donutmania shows no signs of abatement. Queues of more than an hour have formed around the newly opened shop with eager drivers loudly honking their horns until two o'clock in the morning in anticipation of late night donut goodness.

Neighbours of the popular donut emporium have been less than enthusiastic.

A franchise that has spread across the world, has been forced to change its business model by a people who don't just jump on the bandwagon - but hold it up with a shotgun then strip it of everything that is joyful and good leaving only a shelll that was once something interesting in its wake.

Krispy Kreme has since been forced to close it's 24 hour drivethru to avoid the publicity (Between the hours of 11 and 6 anyway)

Link

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RE: Donutmania strikes in Dublin City.
Ireland goes crazy for Krispy Kreme, and Dunkin is dropping Donuts from their name, what the hell is this world coming to?
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

I never really saw the attraction in Krispy Cream. Donuts that are already completely glazed before being ices with other stuff is, to me, quite excessive. But I will admit that the plain glazed donuts from there are pretty good when they're hot and fresh.
I've never had anything but the plain glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme. I prefer them after they've had a chance to cool down. For some reason, I find that hot just out of the fryer leaves me an impression of sweet air, and I'd much rather have my sweet with an impression of substance. This is better achieved by eating them when they're no longer hot.

That said, I can't eat the things anymore because just one blows my daily carb budget out of the water, and as a type 2 diabetic, I have to take the carb budget seriously.