Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong of me...
Is it wrong of me...
...to be greatly amused that my spellchecker wants to change "Malfoy" to "malformed"?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Is it wrong of me...
(10-10-2018, 07:41 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: ...to be greatly amused that my spellchecker wants to change "Malfoy" to "malformed"?

No, it's not, Bob.  You can probably use that as a way of insulting the man, say by Hermione if he goes on a "mudblood" tear again.

Or possibly use "staleblood" in response.  There's an idea.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
If you want to insult a Malfoy, just change the o to an e. EDIT: or an a.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:Or possibly use "staleblood" in response. There's an idea.

As my prereaders already know, I've got something better.

Quote:"If you want to dilute a potion, you add pure water. If you want to dilute magic, add pure blood."

<evil grin>
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Oh, wow.

Yeah, that'll make him popular with the Death Eaters.

No really it will. It's just the sort of popularity that can kill you.
Yep - use the existing terms but redefine them. (Something like what happened to "politically correct", back in the day.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh, and the something better? Not the line about pure water/blood.
-- Bob

(10-10-2018, 12:01 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Or possibly use "staleblood" in response.  There's an idea.

As my prereaders already know, I've got something better.
Can't wait to read it.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
"Ahhh. Homeopathic reproduction."
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
LOL!  Even better, when the whole "mudblood" thing comes up, have someone refer to the second chapter of Genesis, Verses 7, 21 and 22.

As my own character Itō Yoiko (the humanized aircraft carrier THG Yonaga from Peter Albano's novel The Seventh Carrier and its sequels) said it in Part 18 of my recent story The End of the Circus:  A Tale of the Yizibajohei (in this scene, guest-starring Hirosaki Chikage from Sister Princess and both Pansy Parkinson and Hermione Granger):

Pansy made the shadow blocking the Staffordshire native's mouth let go; he seemed ready to literally choke himself to death from his outrage. "LIES! ALL LIES!" Avery shrieked out. "THE DARK LORD IS PURE! THE PUREST OF THE PURE! WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW, YOU FILTHY MUDBLOOD?!" He then spun on Pansy as Jackson shook her head in amusement. "Your parents must be ASHAMED of you, Pansy! To cavort with a MUDBLOOD of all things?! How could you even contemplate being FRIENDS with this creature?! Do you realize you're betraying your own BLOOD...!"

"'Mudblood'?"

That simple statement made Avery freeze as he turned to see Yoiko pull the katana from Nyabire's neck, she using a small amount of power to telekinetically clean the blade of the blood drawn before sheathing it in a scabbard. "How utterly pathetic that one who FOLLOWS a so-called 'mudblood' would use that insult on someone like Hermione-san when he HIMSELF is a mudblood." As Avery awked in outrage, the carrier's eyes fixed on him, making his breath catch in his throat as her glare seemed to bore right into his soul to find what was there most wanting. "As declared in the Book of Genesis!"

"Specifically, Verses 7, 21 and 22 in Chapter Two of that book," Chikage added before sipping her tea.

"'Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and the man became a living being'," Yoiko quoted from the first book of the Bible while she moved to walk around and place herself in front of him. "Did you not know that dust can be mixed with water to make MUD, Mister Avery?!" As Avery gaped, his mouth opening and closing like a fish, the carrier added, "'So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. And while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man and he brought her to the man.' In that story, the first woman was effectively born from the first man at the hands of God, Mister Avery. And the man was formed by the hands of God effectively from one of the two main ingredients of MUD! So when you call someone like Lady Granger here a 'mudblood', you're simply acknowledging a cornerstone of her FAITH...while also SPITTING on it since in her eyes, you are also a mudblood!" As Jackson shrieked with laughter at her hosts' tying together of those points to totally overwhelm her co-worker, Avery rapidly shook his head even if he couldn't find it within him to scream back at this creature. "That is why you and your late lord wanted to make war on those who were not 'pure'! You KNEW that if all the normal-borns remembered their Bible studies and realized that all of you 'nobles' were SNEERING at their faith in God, the witch-hunts that made you RUN LIKE COWARDS and HIDE yourselves in the 1680s would START ALL OVER AGAIN!" As the trapped magicals save for Jackson gaped in horror at what she was spelling out to them, the seventh carrier smirked. "And with metahumans like myself at their sides, you all would be committing SUICIDE!" she said with a voice as cold as deepest space.