Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voter Supression - USA
RE: Voter Supression - USA
There's also a lot more polling stations here. There's three within ten minutes walk of where I live, so there's no real requirement to bus people around to skew the results. In rural areas - the polls are set up in local schools which close for the day - making them also easily accessible. The real lock come from the fact that everyone is registered. It's the exact same registry that's used for jury duty. It's very easy to get on the registry. But because each registrant is tied to a specific address - and the state knows who has voted and who has yet to vote (even if the state has no idea who they voted for). If someone uses someone elses name to vote, it's obvious. If someone tries to register in two localities - they need to create documentation to do it - and must tie it to a real address.

It's also extremely easy tio prove you live at that address - requiring a recognised utility bill or similar. But this takes a lot of effort to actually create in the quantities required to defraud an election en-masse.

The system works specifically because it's set up to work - and not to disenfranchise any particulare demographic by making it harder for them to register or find a polling station, or whatever.

We tried voting machines. Once. They were a failure. I think they're still in storage at significant cost to the taxpayer because they're still operable and to throw them away would be wasteful of public money.

So either there's a massive amount of electoral fraud that goes undetected - or there's little to none to the point where it doesn't blip a statistic. It's why the Love Both campaign was laughed out of the courts when they suggested UUS-style voter suppression had occurred - it'd play to their funding in the States, but not here. Ironically, it can be argued that it did happen - by strict interpretation of the rules some of the #hometovote people would not have been eligible to vote - but the result was so utterly overwhelming and popular that clearly it was a legitimate result.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.

Messages In This Thread
Voter Supression - USA - by SilverFang01 - 10-12-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by robkelk - 10-12-2018, 11:49 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by DHBirr - 10-12-2018, 12:04 PM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by Dartz - 10-12-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by ECSNorway - 10-25-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by Jinx999 - 10-26-2018, 01:14 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by Matrix Dragon - 10-26-2018, 01:40 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by Dartz - 10-26-2018, 01:56 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by hazard - 10-26-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: Voter Supression - USA - by SilverFang01 - 10-26-2018, 07:00 AM