Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoera voor Nederland!
Hoera voor Nederland!
(Apologies if that title's ungrammatical, hazard; I got it from Google Translate)

The Dutch caught Russian military intelligence hackers trying to get discrediting information.  Then they spread the word.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!  Cry in your vodka, Vladimir Vladimirovich!
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RE: Hoera voor Nederland!
As much as Google fucks up grammar in machine translations, this is grammatically correct.

I saw this come by in the paper a couple of weeks ago and thought 'well, the world knows now, no need to boast.' But yeah, this story has a somewhat annoying ending.

It took Russia all of five seconds to start spinning this story and try to put as much obscuring falsehoods into the ether to detract from the story, while the Russian media used it as a 'see, they do hate us' subject. I don't think it worked that well in the west though.

Of course, the only reason this was shared by our intelligence services with the general public is because they've completely finished with all the data and as far as we can tell this won't tell the Russians anything about our methods and sources. Of course, the GRU is Vlad's 'get things done' service rather than his 'get things done quietly' boys, so this sort of slip up was inevitable sometime. Still means that he's now burned 4 agents who can never leave Russia or even worse enter a NATO aligned nation, and it seems the sensible people of the world at least are starting to catch onto Russia's cyberwarfare methods beyond just nothing it's there.