Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Replying again to an older post...

(10-20-2018, 08:10 PM)Labster Wrote: I got to visit my apartment complex a week ago too -- not enough to go inside, but to get a pretty good look at the place.  There was a sign on it reading "Oceana Apartments", which gets a thumbs down from me, for reasons including "oceana" is not a word.  I'm sticking with Aria House for now, or maybe something with "Hall" in the name to get a collegiate feel.  The sign also mentioned one and two bedroom apartments.  But I still think there's enough space to put in all 2 bedroom units based on the measurements, so I'm not going to retcon that either.

I described it as needing a paint job in the early chapters, as it looks on Google Maps.  The building now looks newly painted in boring gray.  It may end up yellow, or possibly white with blue highlights in the story.  On the coast, you have a constant battle between paint and salt, so the building change colors a lot.  The back alley side of the building has more than enough wires to look like a proper Evangelion scene.

The downstairs level has a small mail room, which is something I hadn't thought of at all.  I mean, who needs snail mail when you just arrive in a universe?  The garage on the ground floor you can go straight through from the back to the front, so there's definitely space to fit 10m gondolas, considering how few of us drive.  How long is a Tomoyo-wardrobe-limousine, anyway?

Regarding paint jobs: I suspect we can find you something more durable than paint for that white-and-blue (with an accent of yellow-and-black to match President Aria's hat) re-paint job. Powder coatings might work if the surfaces can receive it (and if you want to use the electrostatic deposit technique mentioned in the Wikipedia article, I'm sure a few Misaka Sisters would enjoy a working vacation in L.A.). If not, Washuu-chan no doubt has something that'll last longer than what we can make.

Snail-mail is still useful... especially if somebody's waiting for a university admission letter. (Here's hoping it isn't a small envelope!)

And, judging from the views we had of it from different angles the first time it appeared in the anime, a Tomoyo-wardrobe-limousine is only slightly longer than a VW Microbus. I think.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 11-16-2018, 11:37 PM