Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
Just don't try it in California.  If two people who are both age 16 conduct any kind of sexual activity whatsoever with each other, both are guilty of statutory rape.  The only legal way a minor may consent to sex is to get married to that person.  Of course, it's never prosecuted.  And under civil law, they could consent, but not under criminal law.  Still, I suppose it's a step up from the original state law, which set the age of consent at 10, but only if the girl was the younger party.

I'm kinda happy that most of my residents are at the age of majority.  Tomo is legit happy that she's officially an adult 2 years early, as the age of majority is 20 in Japan (through the next year, anyway, but it's going down to 18 soon).  And I found this link on school ages in Japan, which means that Tomo is the youngest of her class (except Chiyo, of course), which means she'll be asking everyone to call her onee-san when she becomes the first to turn 19.  Time travel is so fun!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by Labster - 11-20-2018, 11:26 PM