Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals
(11-20-2018, 08:46 PM)robkelk Wrote: Oh, is my face red... and not just because of the freezing wind the last couple of days. Canadian law and California/Texas laws have some important differences regarding age of consent.

In order to avoid misinterpertations of interpertations &c, I'm going straight to the source and consulting the Criminal Code of Canada, Section 150 ff. for this.

This whole discussion's going into a spoiler block, to avoid offending sensitive readers.

Luckily, few stories require revision... except that we could add a couple of lines to the Halloween Party thread if we really want to.

Actually, let's leave those lines out of the Halloween party story. I thinks it works better if criminology-major Mii corrects SI-Rob's misunderstanding of the law.

Speaking of which, I've updated Reach for the Moon.

Old text:
Quote:Rob smiled. "Actually, Mamoru and I had a long, serious talk about the local sexual interference laws. Until the day after Usagi's eighteenth birthday, she's off-limits. Which means he's sleeping alone and the two Usagis are sharing the other bedroom. I hope."

"So they're living right beside each other but they can't touch each other for three years?"

"That's what I told Mamoru, and I pointed out sections of the Criminal Code to back that up."

"You know he's going to be checking into case law and precedents that will let the two of them be close sooner."

Rob sighed. "I don't want to hear anything more about the two lovebirds in your old apartment. I came to find out how you're doing."

New text:
Quote:Rob smiled. "Actually, Mamoru and I had a long, serious talk about the local sexual interference laws. Until the day after Usagi's eighteenth birthday, she's off-limits. Which means he's sleeping alone and the two Usagis are sharing the other bedroom. I hope."

"What are you basing that on? The Criminal Code says 15-year-old Usagi can consent to sex with anyone up to five years older than she is, which includes 19-year-old Mamoru."

"You're sure?"

"Criminology major, remember? Your country's age of consent is otherwise 16, unless the older person is in a position of trust like 'foster father', in which case it's 18. I'm pretty sure Chibi-Usa has her own bedroom."

Rob sighed. "I don't want to hear anything more about the two lovebirds in your old apartment. I came to find out how you're doing."

old text:
Quote:Mii nodded. "I was going to let you know the difference between the girls and me by offering to do paizuri with you."

"Oh, boy. It's a good thing I locked the door; there's no way I would have been able to say no."

She smiled a more honest smile, then frowned. "I wish you hadn't locked your door. Now I've got these -" she moved her hands to her chest "- and who knows when I'll be healthy enough to make that offer again?"

Rob's gaze momentarily dropped to her hands, then quickly went right back to her face. "Would you please lower your top?" Mii did so. "Thank you. Mii, if you weren't too young, and I wasn't legally your foster father, my answer to the question you didn't just ask would be different. But we can't."

"Not until the day after my eighteenth birthday, and we get that fosterage cancelled."

Rob frowned. "I don't see how we could. The cancelling, I mean."

New text:
Quote:Mii nodded. "I was going to let you know the difference between the girls and me by offering to do paizuri with you."

"Oh, boy. It's a good thing I locked the door; there's no way I would have been able to say no. And I wasn't your foster father then."

She smiled a more honest smile, then frowned. "I wish you hadn't locked your door. Now I've got these -" she moved her hands to her chest "- and who knows when I'll be healthy enough to make that offer again?"

Rob's gaze momentarily dropped to her hands, then quickly went right back to her face. "Would you ''please'' lower your top?" Mii did so. "Thank you. Mii, if you weren't too young, and I wasn't legally your foster father, my answer to the question you didn't just ask would be different. But we can't."

"Not until the day after my eighteenth birthday, or we get that fosterage cancelled."

Rob frowned. "I don't see how we could. The cancelling, I mean."

old text:
Quote:Mii shook her head. "I think she might wipe her record while she was at it, and Ruiko's, too. Remember the second opening animation to 'A Certain Magical Index' where we see Kazari and Ruiko walking with the same guy and they didn't even notice Mikoto? Mikoto told me that was something that actually happened. And Ruiko knows what Kazari wears to bed. I think they might be willing to share a lover with each other."

"And you think the lover ... they'd ... the two of them ... with me?" Rob was flabbergasted.

'Oops,' she thought. 'Rob's gone bye-bye. What do I have left, Mii?' Then she grinned and pinched his arm.

New text:
Quote:Mii shook her head. "I think she might wipe her record while she was at it, and Ruiko's, too. Remember the second opening animation to 'A Certain Magical Index' where we see Kazari and Ruiko walking with the same guy and they didn't even notice Mikoto? Mikoto told me that was something that actually happened. And Ruiko knows what Kazari wears to bed. I think they might be willing to share a lover with each other."

"And you think the lover ... they'd ... the two of them ... with me? But ... too young ..." Rob was flabbergasted.

'Oops,' she thought. 'Rob's gone bye-bye. What do I have left, Mii?' Then she grinned and pinched his arm.

old text:
Quote:"Innocent? How many youma have you killed?"

"That isn't what I meant."

Mii smiled. "I know. We're still young, and they do things differently here than they do in Japan. There are laws about what they call 'sexual interference' - you could knock Rob out and have your way with him, and he'd be arrested because you haven't reached your sixteenth birthday yet."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Oh, you'd be arrested, too."

New text:
Quote:"Innocent? How many youma have you killed?"

"That isn't what I meant."

Mii smiled. "I know. We're still young, and they do things differently here than they do in Japan. There are laws about what they call 'sexual interference' - you could knock Rob out and have your way with him, and he'd be arrested because he's your foster father and you haven't reached your eighteenth birthday yet."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Oh, you'd be arrested, too."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: [OOC][PLOT] The Third Thread of Planning for Arc 1 - Arrivals - by robkelk - 11-23-2018, 01:47 PM